About the Conference
The conference is aimed mainly at young researchers working in group theory, algebras and related topics.
The conference will offer three mini-courses (5h/course).
- "An introduction to p-modular representations of p-adic groups"
- "Cayley Graphs, Growth, and Amenability"
- "Growth of groups and of group endomorphisms"
You can find personal websites of the plenary speakers and abstracts of the courses at the Speakers section.
Contributed talks and posters
There will be the possibility for participants to contribute with a talk or a poster.
Please indicate during the Registration whether you wish to do so.
Here you can find further information.
There are funds available to provide accommodation for some participants.
Please indicate during the Registration whether you wish to apply for funding.
Look at the FAQ section for more details.
Registration, fee and deadlines
The registration is open now. The deadline for registering is May 15th, 2020.
Please see the Registration section.
There is a conference fee of 30€.
The organization includes several other deadlines as follows:
Scientific Committee: Ilaria Castellano, Gianmarco Chinello, Claudio Quadrelli.
Organizers: Elena Campedel, Giulia dal Verme, Luca Di Gravina, Islam Foniqi, Davide Perego.
Department of Mathematics
(University of Milano-Bicocca)
The conference will take off on Monday 15th June after lunch and will end on Friday 19th June by lunchtime.
Here is the list of the selected talks.
- Boua Abdelkarim (Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University)
- Ramla Abdellatif (University of Picardie Jules Verne)
- Abdulkadir Adamu (Federal College of Education (Technical))
- Abid Ali (MacEwan University)
- Majid Arezoomand (University of Larestan)
- Adnan Aslam (UET Lahore)
- James Belk (University of St Andrews)
- Sanu Bera (RKMVERI)
- Vijay Kumar Bhat (SMVD University)
- Sushil Bhunia (IISER Mohali)
- Elena Campedel (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Sean Carroll (The University of Auckland)
- Alberto Cassella (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Ilaria Castellano (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Dishari Chaudhuri (IISER Mohali)
- Abdelhakim Chillali (Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University)
- Gianmarco Chinello (Sapienza Università di Roma)
- Ihechukwu Chinyere (University of Essex)
- Giulia dal Verme (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Luca Di Gravina (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Islam Foniqi (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Anna Giordano Bruno (University of Udine)
- Vishal GopalKrishna (St. Joseph's College, Bangalore)
- Antonio Ioppolo (University of Campinas)
- Ollie Jones (University of Birmingham)
- Behnam Khosravi (IASBS)
- Pushpalatha Kolluru (KL University Vaddeswaram)
- Vanishree Krishna Kirekod (TU Kaiserslautern)
- Snehashis Mukherjee (RKMVERI)
- Indrajit Nath (Indian Institute of Technology Mandi)
- Davide Perego (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Claudio Quadrelli (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Hang Lu Su (ICMAT)
In order to attend the school, please fill in this form by 15th of May 2020.
If you wish to apply for funding, to give a talk or to present a poster, please indicate so in the form above.
If you are proposing for a talk, please send title and abstract by e-mail to
by 31st March.
There is a registration fee of 30€.
Participants must pay the fee by 15th May.
The online payment system will be available soon.
By Subway: BICOCCA station of the M5 line is the closest to the campus: 5' walk far from Piazza della Scienza (the conference venue) and the Department of Mathematics.
For further information on the public transit network in Milan check on ATM website.
By Train: GRECO-PIRELLI train station is next to the campus, almost in front of Piazza della Scienza (the conference venue) and the Department of Mathematics.
The ticket for the urban public transport is still valid inside the urban rail network (Mi1-Mi3 zone).
- From Porta Garibaldi station, which is also a metro stop of the M5 line, suburban and local trains reaching Greco-Pirelli in 6' leave every 10-15 minutes.
- From Centrale station the easiest way to get to the campus is by subway: take M3 line to Zara station, then change to M5 line.
- Suburban and local trains to Greco-Pirelli also depart from Lambrate station, Forlanini station and Rogoredo station.
By Airplane: if you land at Malpensa Airport, the Malpensa Express train connects both terminals with Porta Garibaldi station and Centrale station - check the schedule here. Several bus services connect Linate Airport and Orio al Serio Airport with the city centre (with Centrale station as final destination).
There are funds available to provide accommodation for some participants:
precedence will be given to the participants who will be chosen to deliver a talk.
- Please indicate during the registration whether you wish to apply for funding.
- Applicants for funding will receive an answer by April 15th.
- Funded participants will be accommodated in one of the partner hotels.
- Every talk will last about 25 minutes. If you wish to give a talk, please send the title and the abstract by email to
Further information on talks: deadline for abstract submission is 31st March 2020.
The scientific committee will communicate the selected talks by 15th April.
- The posters will be available through the whole conference and there will be an
official poster session TBA.
Everybody can contribute.
The scientific committee will choose the best poster of GABY 2020 and the author will be awarded a prize.
Further information on posters: all posters should be made in format (not much larger than) A1, portrait mode.
The organizers suggest to bring your poster already printed. If it is not possible, you can print the poster near the conference venue. But it might take a few days.
Each participant will pay the registration fee of 30€. The cost of the social dinner is included in the fee.
Participants must pay the fee by May 15th, 2020. All details in the Registration section.
Here you find the list (to be updated) of partner hotels that offer to book a room at a special price:
- Hotel Ornato (map)
At the moment of online reservation on www.hotelornatomilano.it enter the code GABY2020 into the field "Special Code" in order to get a 10% off on the rate. Please note that the discounted rate is available only if you pay by prepaid card.
Near the University you can also consider the following possibilities for accommodation:
- iH Hotels Milano Gioia (map)
- Ibis Milano Ca Granda Hotel (map)
- BB Hotels Aparthotel Arcimboldi (map)
The above suggested options of accommodation are all (more or less) within walking distance from the University. However, there are many other possibilities closer to the city centre, considering that Bicocca is well-connected by public transport.