About the Conference
The conference is aimed mainly at young researchers working in group theory, algebras and related topics.
The conference will offer three mini-courses (5h/course).
- "An introduction to p-modular representations of p-adic groups"
- "Cayley Graphs, Growth, and Amenability"
- "Growth of groups and of group endomorphisms"
You can find personal websites of the plenary speakers and abstracts of the courses at the Speakers section.
Scientific Committee: Ilaria Castellano, Gianmarco Chinello, Claudio Quadrelli.
Organizers: Elena Campedel, Giulia dal Verme, Luca Di Gravina, Islam Foniqi, Davide Perego.
Department of Mathematics
(University of Milano-Bicocca)
We have created a mailing list with the contacts of all people who had registered for the conference before April 2020. If you want to receive information about GABY directly per e-mail, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org so that you will be included in the list. In particular, you will be notified as soon as the registration will be open again.
By Subway: BICOCCA station of the M5 line is the closest: 5' walk far from Piazza della Scienza (the conference venue) and the Department of Mathematics.
For further information on the public transit network in Milan check on ATM website.
By Train: GRECO-PIRELLI train station is the closest: almost in front of Piazza della Scienza (the conference venue) and the Department of Mathematics.
The ticket for the urban public transport is still valid inside the urban rail network (Mi1-Mi3 zone).
- From Porta Garibaldi station, which is also a metro stop of the M5 line, suburban and local trains reaching Greco-Pirelli in 6' leave every 10-15 minutes.
- From Centrale station the easiest way to get to the venue is by subway: take M3 line to Zara station, then change to M5 line.
- Suburban and local trains to Greco-Pirelli also depart from Lambrate station, Forlanini station and Rogoredo station.
By Airplane: if you land at Malpensa Airport, the Malpensa Express train connects both terminals with Porta Garibaldi station and Centrale station - check the schedule here. Several bus services connect Linate Airport and Orio al Serio Airport with the city centre (with Centrale station as final destination).
Here you find the list (to be updated) of hotels near the University:
- Hotel Ornato (map)
- iH Hotels Milano Gioia (map)
- Ibis Milano Ca Granda Hotel (map)
- BB Hotels Aparthotel Arcimboldi (map)
The above suggested options of accommodation are all (more or less) within walking distance from the University. However, there are many other possibilities closer to the city centre, considering that Bicocca is well-connected by public transport.