Ph. D. School
- it will start on Monday 16 June in the afternoon and end on Wednesday 18 June 2014 in the morning.
- It will consist in two 6-hour courses, two 2-hour lecture each day given by
- Prof. Martin Isaacs, University of Wisconsin-Madison, "Characters of Soluble Groups", Resume
- Prof. Gabriel Navarro, Universitat de Valencia, "McKay's Conjecture: the Soluble Group Case", Resume
Some acquaintance with Isaacs's book "Character Theory of Finite Groups", in particular Chapter 6, is recommended.
- it will start on Wednesday 18 June in the afternoon and end on Friday 20 June
- it will focus on theoretical and computational aspects of representation theory of groups
- C. Fieker, Universitaet Kaiserslautern
- I. M. Isaacs, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- G. Malle, Universitaet Kaiserslautern
- G. Navarro, Universitat de Valencia
- E. Pacifici, Universita' degli Studi di Milano
- M. Pellegrini, Universidad de Brasilia
- J. Thevenaz, EPFL, Lausanne
- N. Vavilov, State University of Saint Petersburg
- A. Zalesskii, University of East Anglia, Norwich
Young Speakers/Poster Session
- S. H. Alavi, Bu-Ali Sina University, Iran
- A. Daoui, Abd el Hafid Boussouf University, MILA, Algeria
- A. Daneshkhah, Bu-Ali Sina University, Iran
- E. Giannelli, Royal Holloway, University of London
- F. Petenyi, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- N. Rizo, Universitat de Valencia
- A. Saeidi, Islamic Azadi University, Iran
- H. Sharifi, Shahed University, Iran
- S. Shechter, Ben Gurion University of the Negev
- P. Singla, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- M. Stanojkovsky, Leiden University, the Netherlands
- C. Vallejo, Universitat de Valencia
Everyone who is interested is welcome.
For practical reasons, if you wish to attend the Ph.D. school, the
conference or both, please, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be very limited financial support to young researchers willing to present a poster.
We suggest you to submit your requests by April 10th attaching a draft of your poster and we will let
you know by the end of April if we are able to support you.
Organizers: M. Avitabile, F. Dalla Volta, L. Di Martino, A. Previtali, P. Spiga, Th. Weigel