Guidelines for Presentations and Instructions
All contributions are given in the form of oral presentation and these are of 2 types only:
(A) KEYNOTE Lecture
(B) REGULAR Lecture
No Short Paper, Brief Communication or Poster Paper formats are planned for this Symposium.
Since time for discussion is considered of paramount importance for the success of this conference, for the preparation of their lectures speakers are invited to adhere strictly to the following guidelines.
A) Guidelines for the preparation of a KEYNOTE Lecture
Total time allocated to a Keynote slot is 40 minutes; this should be distributed as follows:
- - 30 minute Presentation, sub-divided into:
- 1. Review of background material - 15 minutes
- 2. Presentation of new results - 10 minutes
- 3. Presentation of open problems and future challenges - 5 minutes
- - 10 minute Open Discussion of results
B) Guidelines for the preparation of a REGULAR Lecture
Total time allocated to a Regular slot is 15 minutes; this should be distributed as follows:
- - 7 minute Presentation, sub-divided into:
- 1. Statement of results - 1 minute
- 2. Description of methods employed - 2 minutes
- 3. Derivation/proof of concepts - 4 minutes
- - 8 minute Open Discussion of results
- Use the above sub-division for the preparation of your slides.
- For a Regular Lecture with prevalent mathematics content 4 slides should suffice!
- Don't pack too many slides in such a short time!!
Instructions to Speakers
To facilitate conference proceedings and optimize time between lectures, speakers are kindly asked to transfer their PDF file to the conference desktop computer before the beginning of their Session. If movies are
part of their presentation, speakers are asked to be ready with their own laptop switched on before their presentation.
Speakers should make themselves known to the designated Chair before Session starts.
Speakers should pay particular attention to keep their overall presentation time within the limits recommended above to promote and facilitate discussion time.
C) Guidelines for Session Chairs
Each designated Session Chair is responsible for the success of his/her own Session.
Session Chairs are invited to get acquainted with work presented in their Session
beforehand to promote open discussion (all abstracts can be inspected online
Instructions to Session Chairs
Session Chairs should check with speakers that presentations are ready to be delivered before Session starts.
Chairs are asked to enforce the overall presentation time limit given above,
to favor open discussion.